Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sewing Basket

My partners have received my packages in the Sewing Accessories Swap at Craftster, and I'm super-excited about this sewing basket I made for texscrapper!  I've seen similar things around the internet, most notably the "Bagsket", which is a barrel-shaped bag with a drawstring top.  I love the drawstring closure, but I wanted a more square shape, so I modified my "Leslie Bag" pattern and made this:


My partner has an "S" for both her first and last initial, so that was an easy choice!  The "S" and the scalloped circle behind it were cut from wool felt using my Sizzix machine.


Inside there are two small pockets that close with velcro; they will be perfect for organizing any little parts of a sewing project.  Her sewing room colors are brown and turquoise, and I just happened to have all these perfect fabrics on hand--yay!


She mentioned that she might like a sewing jar, so I added a pincushion top to a canning jar, and filled it will color-coordinated sewing goodies.


I love it when I make something new for a swap!  For me, that's the best part about craft swaps:  going beyond what's familiar and trying something different.  This was the first time I made either of these items, but it won't be the last!


The package I sent to my other partner is completely different!  I'll show you that one next week.

3 comments:

wendiek said...

What a great package, Leslie!

That basket is so cute and love that sewing jar with pincushion too!

Those fabrics are so lovely!

I am curious about your other package too!!

Kay said...

Lucky lady, everyone would love to receive something like that in the post. The colours look lovely together too.
The sewing jar is fun with the pincushion. Pincushions are my favourite thing to make at the moment, I have been trying out a few new small patterns to build up sewing skills.

Unknown said...

It's a sewing basket that doubles as a super wonderful go-everywhere purse! It's so good looking and I love the drawstring top!
A sewing jar! The pincushion top is perfection!