Thursday, July 14, 2011

What's In Your Pocket? Apron Swap

Take a look at these awesome craft aprons that I made!!



The body of the apron is made from home-decor-weight fabric (the first one) or lightweight canvas (the second one), with quilting cotton fabric for the five pockets.  I can imagine a lot of different interpretations of this pattern--these two rely on the fun fabrics for their appeal, but they could be embellished with embroidery, paint, applique, decorative trims...you get the idea. 

What crafter couldn't use one of these?  My friend Susan and I have been asking ourselves that question, and since the answer is "no crafter"--we knew we had to organize an apron swap!  Sign-ups will be at Craftster.org in August.  We will be crafting an apron to suit our partners' tastes, plus one small item (if it fits into one of  the apron's pockets, all the better!)

There is a tutorial for these aprons here:  http://creativelittledaisy.typepad.com/creative_little_daisy/2006/11/craft_apron_tut.html

They are easy to make and will take you less than 2 hours.  Anyone with a sewing machine should be able to make one.  Consider this your personal invitation to our swap!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am going to give this a try--pre the Crafster's swap--starting today! Wish me luck, Leslie!!

Leslie Andersen said...

Good luck Susan...I know you will do a great job!

Anonymous said...

Gutted I missed this swap, great work they look great, I am loving your blogs, they are so fascinating and I love the pictures!
Cheers,
Sam