Sunday, June 24, 2012

Spoonflower Pug Dog Bag

My sister-in-law, Nora, loves her pug dog, and wanted a bag with a pug on it.  I thought it would be easy to find fabric featuring pugs, because I've seen a lot of pug-themed items online in the past few years; but when I searched for it, all I could find in my regular online fabric stores (eQuilter and fabric.com) was fabric that had an assortment of dogs, including maybe one little pug lost in the crowd...and that just wouldn't do!  I looked all over the web, and I ended up getting this fabric from Spoonflower.  Spoonflower is a unique website, where you can upload your own design and have it printed on fabric.  In this case, I bought a design someone else had made.  The fabric is printed to order, so, in addition to the extra time it takes for the fabric to arrive, the cost is about double what you pay for fabric elsewhere--which is why it was my last resort! 

The fabric I bought is actually designed to be made into a wallhanging, but it worked well for this bag because it has one large image of a pug.
Front:


Back:


Inside:


Nora also asked for a coin pouch, so I made this one with a keyring attached.  I used Heat n Bond to fuse a small dog image to both the front and the back of the pouch.



I will mail this out on Monday.  Nora has seen the pictures, and she is excited to see it in person!


6 comments:

Emi said...

Hi, it's a wonderful job, congratulations.

HUGS FROM COSTA RICA.

Kay said...

She is one lucky sister in law. Your devotion to getting something just right is amazing.

Alexandra Abarca said...

Leslie:

It it really beautifull, the dog looks so nice.

Have a nice weekend.

Ale
Costa Rica

LimeRiot said...

AAAAWWWdorable!! The fabric is so fun.

I just did a search and found some fun doxie fabrics too!!

Acrylic Keyrings said...

Really it's very beautiful and the dog looks very nice.

Kathy Reed said...

wow! thanks so much for using my fabric for your tote bag! Kathy reed (dogdaze)