Monday, July 9, 2012

Summer-y Swap

The "Sew Something Summery Swap" is just finishing up on Craftster (that awesome online crafting community).  My partner said she would love a "funky bag" so this is what I sent her:  one of my signature bags made out of a fun and somewhat funky fabric; it has a lot of different design elements, and a lot of colors that my partner likes.  I thought the bird silhouette and the big flower made it look summery, despite all the black on it!


This is the back; there is a pocket in the center, but the patterns have disguised it.


The inside is a drapery fabric



I also made a small pouch using fabric from the same line.  The button in the middle says "I'm not weird, I'm limited edition" which is a quote I found on her Pinterest. 


Here's everything from a different angle.  I included a fat quarter of the black and pink polka-dot fabric because black and pink is one of her favorite color combinations.


She has received this package now and she's very happy with it!  She sent me a lovely set of placemats and coasters in return:


Aren't they gorgeous?  I love the colors!  This swap was a lot of fun...if you aren't on Craftster, you are missing out!  You can find me there under the name Leslieshappyheart.  If you sign up, I would love to hear from you!

6 comments:

Kay said...

This is a fun bag. I love the bird on the front, and especially the pink and aqua panel at the bottom on the front.

sewphie said...

oh wow, what a gorgeous bag!

waggonswest said...

Beautiful bag. Lovely placemats.

wendiek said...

NO! Do you have readers that are NOT on craftster??? Haha, if so: join us!!

Anyway, love that bag so much! The bird, the flower and all those colours, awesome!!!

And the placemats and coaster you received are gorgeous and very summery! :-)

LimeRiot said...

Fantastically fun and fabulously funky!!

Unknown said...

I've been trying to get black designated an official color of summer forever : )
I just love this bag and so nice to see the inside here--purse perfection, really, it's a gem! Your partner is over the top delighted. And she gifted you with a great package- I love the craftswomanship on everything from both of you.

Hooray for summmmmmerrrr, even scorchers like this one, Leslie!