Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pincushion Parade!

I came upon this CUTE idea today at Love Laugh Quilt--Beth is hosting a Pincushion Parade, and anyone who wants to show off their pincushions can participate!  I want to play!  Take a look at my pincushions:


The only one I made is the square watermelon-looking one on the left.  It is actually a Japanese ote-dama (juggling) ball, but it makes an awesome pincushion when filled will plastic pellets! 

The other four pincushions came from talented crafters in swaps I participated in on Craftster.  This cute purple cat is from wendiek in The Netherlands.  She made this for me because I love cats!

This lovely pincushion was made by alwaysinmyroom in Pennsylvania, using Japanese kimono fabrics.  There is a lot of  detailed beading and embroidery around the sides.

Unsuperb made this pincushion.  She hand-painted the design on the cup it sits in!

This little cupcake is from Amifriends in Mexico.  I love how realistic it looks!

I use pincushions every day (I have several others that are too scruffy to show)--I have three in my sewing room and these are all in the family room, near my sewing chair.  I plan to keep adding to my collection!

10 comments:

waggonswest said...

Cute stuff. Another reason to love craftster.

LimeRiot said...

These are all so cute! What a lovely collection you have. It's fun to see so many familiar craftster names too :).

Alicia said...

All of them are beatiful, love the one you make, like tha water melón idea and the little cat is one of my favourites in this parade
Have a nice day

beth said...

Wow! I love that one using Japanese fabric. Beautiful!

Unknown said...

i love these all! It's so cool seeing these all together, oh you talented craftswomen, all!

Elizabeth said...

I love the kitty cat - it is so sweet, especially the whiskers! I

lindaroo said...

Your cupcake pincushion is one of the cutest I've seen! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

LOve your part of this fun parade! LOVE the cat and the Japanese cushion - I have some scraps from Japan and that would be perfect! I also looked at your 365 hearts and want to start making hearts! Keep the focus on love!!!!! a most fabulous idea - THANK YOU! I am following!!!

KaHolly said...

One can never have enough pin cushions! They are spread all throughout my house!

Gayle Bong said...

Loving the pincushion parade. Your kitty is cute. I showed my pincusions on the first post of my blog.