Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Crafting Challenge Day #3

Today I made a scrappy bookmark. I love the look of scrappy projects, and they are a good way to use up small bits of special fabrics that you don't want to throw away.

This bookmark measures 6 1/2" x 2 1/2"; I would have made it narrower, but the width was dictated by the big rubber stamps I used to write the word "READ". I used iron-on interfacing to line both the front and back fabrics, so it's not floppy.

I don't have a lot of experience making bookmarks, so I wasn't sure exactly what to put at the top. I used some lengths of eyelash yarn and baker's twine, which looks okay...but it's not perfect. I'll keep thinking about it and try to come up with something better for my next bookmark.



6 comments:

LidiaZuniReds said...

Me ha gustado, hare el mio a ver que tal me sale y despues lo publico para que lo veas... ssaludoss ☺♥

bethwalker07 said...

Great job!

craftmates said...

What a great project.

Kay said...

Really pretty. I especially like the fabric just under the writing, even though it is just a scrap it really accentuates the pattern.

Helen said...

really like this Leslie :)

one thing with the 'top' - I would but the yarns at the bottom of the bookmark. Don't know why, just a personal thing, I suppose.

Unknown said...

1it's like pink lemonade--perfect for summer reading!