Sunday, July 21, 2013

July Challenge Day #21

I wanted to make another quilted basket after yesterday's first attempt, and I am super excited about this one! I love these fabrics; I happened upon the button fabric in my stash, and it is perfect for this, since there are actualy buttons around the sides--and speaking of buttons, I used four different un-matching buttons on this, which really adds a lot to the "fun factor"! The best improvement over yesterday's basket, however, is invisible: I used iron-on interfacing on the back of both fabrics, which makes this basket nice and sturdy. It really holds it's shape well, unlike yesterday's pink basket, which is a little floppy.

I used two 10" squares of fabric for this basket, and a 2 1/2" gusset on the sides. The finished size is 4" wide by 2 1/2" tall. The second picture shows a matchbox inside for scale. This is really too cute to keep to myself; I can see I'm going to have to make some of these for gifts!



3 comments:

Kay said...

I love these baskets, and they really will make great presents. I like to have a little basket nearby as a thread catcher when I sew but this is much cuter than the wicker basket I use. I am off to have a look at the tutorial.

LimeRiot said...

It turned out great, Leslie! I adore this pattern. I really wanted to make one of these this weekend but didn't get around to it. I got a little confused about the tacking of corners you have to do on the inside. I need to play around with it.

voyance par mail gratuit said...

I really love this post I will visit again to read your post in a very short time and I hope you will make more posts like this.