I wanted to make another quilted basket after yesterday's first attempt, and I am super excited about this one! I love these fabrics; I happened upon the button fabric in my stash, and it is perfect for this, since there are actualy buttons around the sides--and speaking of buttons, I used four different un-matching buttons on this, which really adds a lot to the "fun factor"! The best improvement over yesterday's basket, however, is invisible: I used iron-on interfacing on the back of both fabrics, which makes this basket nice and sturdy. It really holds it's shape well, unlike yesterday's pink basket, which is a little floppy.
I used two 10" squares of fabric for this basket, and a 2 1/2" gusset on the sides. The finished size is 4" wide by 2 1/2" tall. The second picture shows a matchbox inside for scale. This is really too cute to keep to myself; I can see I'm going to have to make some of these for gifts!