Monday, July 22, 2013

July Challenge Day #22

I had another request for Hope Hearts (click on the tab at the top of the page to learn more) and, since I've already posted some in this challenge, I decided to try to make these a little different. Normally I embellish all the hope hearts the same way; that makes them quicker for me to do, and gives them a degree of standardization (as much as something that is handmade can be standardized!)

These are the changes I made: the small heart usually just has the word "hope" on it, but I added seed beads all around it this time; the medium heart has more variety in the fabrics than I usually use; and on the large heart I embroidered flowers instead of sewing on buttons, and I used a patchwork of yellow fabrics for the base heart. This unique group of hearts will be heading off to Kathy in Australia later today.


3 comments:

Kay said...

Beautiful and inspiring as ever.

Alexandra Abarca said...

Hi Leslie, I like your crafts, always looks so cute.

Have a nice week.

Ale
Costa Rica

O meu pensamento viaja said...

Lovely! Your blog is amazing. Congratulations.
I'm your newest follower and I hope you'll follow me back.
hugs and kisses
Nina